Press coverage is important at any event, but for specialty conventions such as Nijicon, it is crucial.
We truly appreciate all the interest that various media outlets have in our event.
So, let's get right to it:
HOW TO RECEIVE NIJICON PRESS CREDENTIALS:
- Applicants must apply via email([email protected] - please put PRESS PASS in the subject line)
(we will ask for information about planned coverage, examples of previous coverage of similar events, etc.)
- Possess a valid government issued photo I.D., Driver's License, or U.S. Passport
(All members of the press must be 18+)
-Any other information as requested by Nijicon Press Relations staff.
Each approved organization will receive up to (2)two complimentary press badges to attend the convention for the entire weekend. All press badges are comped by the convention and must be obtained through the Press Registration process. Press access will not be given to any individuals who have not been approved/given an official NIJICON PRESS PASS. Upon review, any additional information regarding Nijicon PRESS will be e-mailed to the representative of the organization.
*Extra comp badges and press credentials will be provided ONLY to those applicants that can justify additional badges(to be determined by Nijicon).
NIJICON PRESS PASS: Privileges and Limitations
Receipt of press credentials provides the following privileges:
- Access to press-only rooms such as special press interview rooms.
- Access to at-con press releases, briefings, and Internet communications from Press Relations about planned press events.
- Entrance to press conferences with guests, subject to space and time availability.
- Access to press-only seating when provided at Nijicon events, subject to space availability and other restrictions.
- The ability to schedule interviews through Nijicon Press Relations staff with guests, subject to guest availability.
Please keep in mind, that press credentials are subject to the following limitations:
- Registered members of Press must obey all Nijicon guidelines and policies.
- Registered members of Press must arrange for and finance their own travel and room arrangements and food.
Failure to comply with the Press policies as well as any other Nijicon policies may result in revocation of Press Badge(s).
Nijicon Interview Procedures
Interviews with our guests must be requested and arranged through Nijicon. Only registered members of the Press may request private interviews with official Nijicon guests. Interviews will be arranged as guest availability allows(simply requesting an interview does not guarantee that one will be arranged). All guests reserve the right to refuse interviews/specific questions asked in any agreed-upon interviews.
Nijicon works with guests(their publicists, managers, industry reps, etc. if necessary) to schedule the guests' time. This policy is necessary to avoid scheduling conflicts. The guests are participants in Nijicon first and foremost. Any interview that is to be scheduled must be done around any commitments that the guest has to the convention programming.
Ad Hoc Interviews
Ad hoc interviews(interviews "on-the-fly") with Nijicon attendees, dealers, and people other than guests and industry do not require Nijicon approval. All attendees have been warned that they may be recorded upon registering for event. However, we suggest that the press carry release forms to ensure that the intended interviewee(s) understands that they are allowing their statement to be used. Once again, all attendees have the right to refuse interviews/specific questions asked in any agreed-upon interviews.
Proper Behavior of Registered Press
Registered members of Press are reminded to conduct themselves in a professional manner when acting in a press capacity. Professional behavior includes but is not limited to:
- Showing respect to Nijicon guests, staff and other participants(as well as the staff of GPEC)
- Showing up early for scheduled interviews or press events, or notifying Nijicon staff of any delays
- Arriving prepared to conduct scheduled interviews*
- Obeying the moderator's rules for any press conferences/panels and complying to all photo restrictions, as conveyed by Nijicon staff or by the guests themselves.
*Since our guests' time is limited, registered members of Press are asked to refrain from requesting autographs or personal photos with guests at the close of an interview. Photos of guests to accompany coverage are sometimes allowed, subject to the convenience of guests and to time constraints. All such photos must be prearranged at the time of scheduling the interview.
Nijicon reserves the right to change the above policies at any time.
ALL NIJICON PRESS PASS REQUESTS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL OCTOBER 20th, 2016.